ARTECH 2021 is the 10th International Conference on Digital and Interactive Arts, this time hosted in the city of Aveiro, Portugal. The goal of the conference is to promote the interest in the current digital culture and its intersection with art and technology as an important research field, but also as a common space for discussion and exchange of new experiences.
It seeks to foster a
Authors are invited to submit papers from all areas related to digital art, but also art installations, interactive art or media artworks, for review by the international committee. Both research and applications papers are of relevance to ARTECH 2021.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- AI and Art
- Art, Science and Sustainability
- Art and Science Theory
- Art and Technology
- Audio-Visual and Multimedia Design
- Creativity Theory
- Design and Data Visualization
- Digital Games
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital Technologies and Making
- e-Learning in Art and Media Studies
- Electronic Music
- Generative and Algorithmic Art & Design
- Gesture Interfaces
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Immersive Art
- Interactive Art
- Interactive Systems for Artistic Applications
- Interaction Design
- Media Art History
- Web Art and Digital Culture
- Digital Media, Apps and eBooks
- Digital Preservation
- Parametric Design
- Praxis and Poesis
- STEAM Education
- Sustainability and Bioremediation Activism
- Tangible Interfaces
- Technology in Art Education
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
The International Scientific and Art Committee members are composed of experts in various disciplines. The conference program will consist of keynote speakers by eminent specialists/artists, oral presentation of the contributed papers, art installations, videos and posters of the work-in-progress.
Authors of selected papers presented in the conference (including essays describing the best art installations) will be invited to submit extended versions to one of the following journals:
- Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts (ISSN: 1646-9798) (http://artes.ucp.pt/citarj) (Web of Science, Scopus).
- International Journal of Creative Interfaces and Computer Graphics. ISSN: 1947-3117 (http://www.igi-global.com/IJCICG) (ACM Database).
- *Revista Comunicar (ISSN:1134-3478) (http://www.revistacomunicar.com/ ) (Web of Science, Scopus)
- *International Journal of Education through Art (ISSN: 1743-5234) (http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=121/ ) (Scopus)
- *Poetics – Journal of Empirical Research on Culture, the Media and the Arts (ISSN: 0304-422X) (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/poetics) (Scopus)
(* journals under negotiation)
Papers will be published by ACM ICPS and will be available through ACM’s Digital Library. Also the conference proceedings will be submitted to the international indexing database Scopus and Web Of Science.
A selection of the best papers will be proposed for publication in appropriate scientific journals.
The Submission of a paper implies the intention of at least one of the authors to register and attend the conference in order to perform a spoken presentation. Papers that are accepted and presented at the symposium by one of the authors will appear in the conference proceedings. Artworks accepted for exhibition will be published in the conference proceedings provided the authors submit an appropriate short-paper description of each artwork.
In special cases duly justified by the covid19 pandemic, the remote presentation of papers will be authorized to grant all the necessary technical requirements.